Festival of Huong Nghiem Pagoda (Hang Pagoda)

07/08/2019 1650 0
Hang Pagoda Festival (also known as Huong Nghiem Pagoda) in An Khang commune (Tuyen Quang city) is held on January 8 every year. This is an ancient temple built in the sixteenth century, built in 1537 during the Mac Dang Doanh's time in a rocky cave.

Hang Pagoda Festival (also known as Huong Nghiem Pagoda) in An Khang commune (Tuyen Quang city) is held on January 8 every year. This is an ancient temple built in the sixteenth century, built in 1537 during the Mac Dang Doanh's time in a rocky cave. The temple also preserved an ancient stele engraved on a cliff, two bronze statues of Bodhisattva, sacrificial readings, incense sticks, and bronze plates of the Nguyen Dynasty. The pagoda is located in Huong Nghiem Mountain, in Phuc Loc Village, in the relics complex with Bau Citadel, Binh Ca Wharf. This is a place with charming natural landscapes, a land of culture with the name Truong Thi - where the examinations of feudal dynasties were held. From the beginning of Phuc Loc village to the end of Tan Thanh village of An Khang commune, there is a mountain range with the shape of a winding dragon, Huong Nghiem mountain is like a dragon's head. This is also the place to hide and assemble the first two aircraft of the Vietnam Air Force before moving to Soi correct airport, Vinh Quang commune (Chiem Hoa). Hang Pagoda has been recognized as a provincial historical site. Over time, Huong Nghiem pagoda no longer preserved the historical evidence of the resistance wars but only valuable artifacts such as the system of statues of worship, incense ...

In front of Huong Nghiem pagoda, there is an ancient stele engraved on the cliff on February 27, the 8th Dai Chinh reign of Thai Tong Mac Dang Doanh (1537). Has a height of 1.25m, width 1m. The stele consists of 2 parts of the forehead and the body, on the forehead is a dragon-shaped moon flanking, around the beer is touching simple strings. Under the forehead of the stele are four words of the alphabet: "Huong Nghiem" is composed by Dr. Ngo Hoang, including one autograph and one proving the names of the meritorious people in 13 domestic districts and people in Thuc Thuy commune. Based on the content on the epitaph, Huong Nghiem pagoda was formerly built on a large scale, also known as Pham Vuong palace. "Huong Nghiem" is one of the rare and valuable documents in the 16th century discovered in Tuyen Quang. Therefore, the pagoda has been recognized as a provincial monument.

From the 6th to the 8th lunar month of every lunar year, when the harvest season is over, the villagers open a festival with folk games, attracting thousands of people from all over to participate in the procession and prayers. traditional rituals. Water is taken from Lo River to the temple to worship during festivals and ceremonies throughout the year. In addition, the first day of the month, the full moon day of the month, the villagers bustle into the temple to burn incense for Buddha, pray to the Buddha to give people a peaceful life, bumper crops, khang people and prosperous countries. Hang Pagoda has long been a place of sending spiritual beliefs and beliefs of the people inside and outside the locality.

At the main ceremony, the ceremony of praying for peace, praying for state, people security and water procession. The assembly has folk games, sports, folk songs, folk dances ....

Related Post

Sample Plan